There are actually 2 teeth whitening methods; professional teeth whitening and professional at-home teeth whitening kits.
But how is teeth whitening done? What teeth whitening procedures or steps are being followed to ensure the success of the treatment?
The treatment itself is not a complicated procedure and it only takes about 60 to 90 minutes to be completed.
Here are the steps being followed during a professional teeth whitening treatment.
- recording of teeth’s current shade or colour
- polishing using a pumice (grainy material used to eliminate surface plaque)
- isolating of mouth using gauze to keep teeth dry, retractors are also used to have lips, cheeks, and tongue away from whitening solution
- placing barrier along the gum line, avoiding the risk of contact to the solution
- coating of teeth with a whitening solution (hydrogen peroxide + carbamide peroxide)
- curing light or laser to activate peroxide (optional)
- leaving of the solution on teeth for 30 to 60 minutes
- rinsing of teeth once the desired shade has been achieved
- applying fluoride to help ease tooth sensitivity
- scheduling of additional visits until desired shade is reached
- avoiding drinks and foods with high levels of pigmentation for 24 hrs (tea, coffee, beets, red wine, candies and more)
- avoiding smoking as well
On the other hand, take-home whitening procedures are so much easier to accomplish and can be done in the comfort of your own home. This is a cheap, yet effective substitute if you can afford professional treatments and it only has a few simple steps to follow.
- Making of dental impressions to make custom-fitted trays (takes about 1 to 2 weeks to make)
- Doing the procedure for 2 weeks (1 hour everyday)
Of course procedures like this may cost a fortune, let’s check out the teeth whitening prices. The average teeth whitening cost in Sydney is around $800 per visit, take-home trays cost about $400 to $500 and $100 for over-the-counter bleaching trays or strips.
But whatever type of teeth whitening in Sydney you decide to get, it’s best to consult your dentist about it. Don’t worry because you can find the best teeth whitening deals in Sydney. So call your dentist now, book an appointment for the best teeth whitening in Sydney today and enjoy whiter teeth tomorrow.