Cosmetic dentistry is a dental work that improves the aesthetic appearance of teeth, gums and bites. It improves the colour, size, shape, position, alignment and the overall look of your smile.
So what is the best cosmetic dental procedure today? When you visit your Sydney cosmetic dentist, he/she will give you a lot of options on how to improve your appearance and your smile.
Your cosmetic dentist would show you cosmetic dentistry before and after photos of his/her patients, just to give you an idea of what he/she can do for you.
There are a lot of choices to consider but here are 5 of the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures:
- Teeth Whitening – most popular, the quickest procedure for smile improvement, most affordable.
- Enamel Bonding – best treatment for chipped and stained teeth, uses mouldable composite bonding material, directly shaped on the tooth, won’t last as long as porcelain veneers.
- Dental Veneers– gold standard in the cosmetic dental procedure for decades, thin porcelain shells glued on the tooth surface, best for darkly stained teeth, chipped or fractured front teeth.
- Invisalign Braces – misalignment causing pain correction.
- Enamel Abrasion – uses fine pumice in a micro-abrasion machine for surface stain removal. Best in removing superficial stains from tobacco products, wine, soda and coffee. Not advisable for intrinsic stains or stains inside the tooth.
You’re in luck because there are many cosmetic dentistry services in Sydney that are being offered. You can take your pick from veneers, teeth whitening, composite bonding and a lot more.