Root Canal Therapy is a type of endodontic treatment and a multi-step dental procedure that removes infected pulp and prevents the bacteria to further damage the infected root canal to save your natural tooth. The infected pulp will be removed and properly cleaned.
The nerve in the root that is causing tooth sensitivity on the infected area will also be removed. Then it will be filled and sealed afterwards. After that the dentist will then place a crown on the tooth to restore its function.
Root canal therapy in Sydney is pretty much the same as fillings and can be done in one or two visits, depending on how complex the issue is. A lot of people are scared of root canal treatment pain.
However, if done correctly root canal is painless and very effective in fixing your teeth. So what are the symptoms that you need a root canal?
Some common root canal causes are severe tooth decay, cracked or chipped tooth, broken fillings that can cause tooth decay and tooth pulp infection.
Here are a few symptoms and signs that you need a root canal treatment.
- Severe pain when chewing or putting pressure on the area.
- Temperature sensitivity that lingers after the sensation has been removed.
- Small bump or pimple on gums of the infected area that has tooth pain.
- Darkening of the tooth and gums
- Swollen or tender gums near the tooth pain.
- Chipped or cracked tooth or broken fillings that can cause tooth pain.
After the root canal treatment you can eat or drink normally after the anaesthesia wears off. It is normal to some patients to experience tooth pain and tooth sensitivity.
Make sure to follow the guideline that the endodontist provide you for your oral health routine to avoid complications.